Thursday 21 January 2016

The Cat Who Came In From The Cold - My latest book review.







A white kitten sits on an upturned bucket and waits for the right human.






A few months ago I received a couple of boxes of books for free and I've only read a couple of them so far.  Most of them are obviously not my cup of tea and some of them look plain awful. But as I was struggling to find some inspiration I gingerly plucked this one out of one box.




I wasn't expecting it to be very good, let alone entertaining. But guess what? It's brilliant!

It tells the story of how Author and broadcaster Deric Longden's life gets turned upside down by the arrival of a little white kitten. His house is never the same again with hilarious consequences around every corner. It's wonderfully written with a gentle wit that I haven't come across very often as a reader.


This was so easy to read, the pages literally turned themselves. It's so sad that this talented Author isn't with us any more but I am looking forwards to devouring the rest of his books. If you like to have a laugh and you love cats, you have to read this one.






5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment