Sunday 26 June 2011

Book 30 The Phone Goes Dead by Anthony Horowitz


I always said that as part of this '52 books in 52 weeks' challenge I wanted to read a good variety of genres and thought it was about time I read another Horowitz book. This is the usual twisty scary story that I would expect and I wasn't surprised or shocked by these two neat little stories. This book, obviously, isn't aimed at a 40 year old bloke like me and is aimed more at the children and young teenage readers. But it was fun and quirky, if not totally original. I would probably recommend Anthony Horowitz to any young person who likes to read something a bit different.

The first story is about a boy who has a mobile phone that receives messages from the dead and the second tale is about a creepy old bath that you wouldn't want in your own bathroom.

I can't critique this because I am an old git but it is good fun. And it makes me think again that I wouldn't mind trying my hand at writing this genre.

2 comments:

  1. Hmm! Sounds good to me. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, there's something about Horowitz :)

    Thanks for popping by my blog

    Paul

    ReplyDelete