Monday 29 August 2011

Book 40 Sex with Dead People by David Allen Barker



This is a collection of 28 bizarre and twisty short stories by up and coming author David Allen Barker. It starts off with the wonderfully silly 'The Green Capsule' which is probably my pick of the lot which gets the book off to a hilariously imaginative start and the rest of the stories go from the ridiculous to the sublime, in a good way. What I liked best about this Ebook is the witty conversational voice of the author, he really knows how to tell a story.

All of the stories are worth a read but amongst my other highlights are
'Alien Rednecks','Burning in Stockholm' and 'Urine Love.'

I'm really looking forwards to reading more from this author and he has another ebook available at Smashwords called 'The Land' which I hope to get hold of soon.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Paul,
    Sounds like an interesting book. Love the book cover. Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    Just Books
    http://sherriesbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sherrie,
    he is a promising new writer, thanks for taking a look.

    Paul

    ReplyDelete