Monday 23 June 2014

Angel Yard






            All you have to do is kiss the bastard and say it backwards three times.





Did I make it too difficult?

Surely it's not rocket science! I'm not asking you to balance the sum of human kindness on the head of a pin. Go on, kiss me and say it,




                DRAY LEGNA

                
                DRAY LEGNA

               
                DRAY LEGNA




Is it too high up? Then use a ladder. Levitate. Jump!


Maybe it's an advertising problem. Maybe I didn't deliver enough leaflets. Stuff it, I don't do maybe's. Just kiss the bastard and say the magic words. How difficult can it be? 

It's been eighty years now. If I wasn't an Angel I'd probably be riddled with arthritis by now, sitting all alone like this inside my self imposed prison. It isn't very roomy I can assure you, barely enough room to stretch my legs. It's not as if I'm a bloody Genie. Genies have it easy I can tell you. All cosied up in their lamps with their wine and their doilies and their fluffy pillows.



I'd give my right wing for a fluffy pillow. 



Kiss me for God's sake, just kiss me and say the magic words.




Don't you want your own Angel? 


Ok so I'm not Archangel Gabriel or that bleeding moron Micheal, because as far as Angels are concerned I don't walk in those circles. They're celebrity Guardian Angels whereas I'm just your common Garden variety. Do you think one of them would be stupid enough to lock themselves inside a street sign?

No I'm just Gavin the Knob-head Angel and I was a bit pissed at the time to be honest. But seriously you don't know what you're missing. We could do things, you and me. Do you want to fly? Do you want money coming out of your armpits? Do you want every man and woman to fall in love with you even though you fell out of the ugly cart and landed in a puddle when you were born?




I'm your man. Go on kiss me, say the magic words. 



                DRAY LEGNA

                
                DRAY LEGNA

               
                DRAY LEGNA








Say it!



Let me out. Please I'm begging you. Let me out.







                             ------------------------
                                                        



                                                           (C) Ally Atherton 2014 
                                                                                                 (361 Words)





This was written for this week's Light and Shade Challenge. If you love writing then why not give it a go? It's new, its fabulous and you don't know what you're missing.






13 comments:

  1. Oh fantastic, I loved this story

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I love your name by the way


      Ally :)

      Delete
  2. I'm really curious about where this came from! And what happens next?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just a silly idea that popped into my head this morning :)

      Delete
  3. Great idea! Poor Gavin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow :) so good!! Really love the idea!!! So random and so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'Common garden variety angels'. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved your story...really brilliant! Loved the voice and how random it is. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Genuinely laughed out loud! Lyssa M x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spectacular - Gavin the Knob-head Angel! I'm still laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poor Gavin... and of all the types of angel to be! Loved this story.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I liked the voice and the idea of the anagram

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dray Legna has a nice ring to it. It sounds exactly as such an incantation should sound. A wonderful interpretation of the prompt, and a lot of fun to read!

    ReplyDelete