Friday 17 August 2012

The Diary of Anne Frank




I could describe this book as moving. I could describe it as incredibly moving. I could also say that this book is devastatingly tragic but any words of mine are not enough. This is a book that was never intended to be read by anyone, let alone me, a 41 year old bloke from Chorley.It is a personal diary of a young girl who is hiding with her family and four other people in a secret annexe in Amsterdam, hiding from sickening and evil Nazi invaders.

It is a book of courage, of love, of family life and frustration. Anyone that reads 'The Diary of Anne Frank' cannot escape feeling her sense of claustrophobia and cannot escape a desire to go back in time and rescue her and her family from impending doom. This is more than just a history lesson, it is a life lesson, incredibly touching and inspiring. I dare anybody to read this book without feeling a tragic sense of loss and sadness at the end. I cannot rate this book, I can never write a book like this and nobody ever will again. I became Anne Frank for a few days and I will never forget this book. Powerful stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment