Friday 15 January 2016

The Crying Game (Movie Review)








An IRA volunteer falls in love with the girlfriend of a dead British soldier.








Starring Stephen Rea and Jaye Davidson.




Written and directed by Neil Jordan.







I really liked this one. It's a great story, full of unexpected twists and surprises and it has two outstanding performances by Stephen Rea and Jaye Davidson. I also love the soundtrack. I'm guessing this was quite a controversial and groundbreaking movie at the time.



My only niggle was the cinematography and the location filming. The first part of the film could have been filmed anywhere, And the street scenes looked like they were stolen from Eastenders! And the scenes set on the building site were similarly uninspiring and very studio looking.







But overall I really enjoyed this. Lots of tension and a few giggles along the way. A good movie.






8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment