Wednesday 18 May 2011

Book 24 The All-Inclusive Christ - Witness Lee


This is one of several books sent to me kindly by RHEMA Literature Distribution. The All Inclusive Christ is based on messages given by Witness Lee in the latter part of the sixties. This isn't a 'Happy Clappy' book and was pretty indepth, more so than I expected. At times it was interesting and at times it was hard going. It focuses on Christ and how we as Christians can have a deeper, closer relationship with him. It does focus a lot on the symbology of the bible, particularly of the old testament and even for a person like myself who has an interest in the symbology of the bible it was quite hard going at times.

However it has been very helpful and I now feel as if I have a more fundamental knowledge of Jesus than I had before. It focuses very much on Jesus as 'the land' and how Jesus is exceptionally bigger than we can imagine and how we can have a stronger relationship with HIM by dwelling in his land. A land that is Christ.

I don't think its the easiest Christian book I have ever read and it wasn't always encouraging, the fact that it felt like I was reading a text book at times didn't help. But overall I found it helpful and I feel I have gained a fuller understanding of God. I was a little bit doubtful of some of the stuff that was said by Witness Lee but the majority of it was good. Probably not the best book for new Christians.


6.5/10

6 comments:

  1. Hi Paul,
    This book sounds a little on the heavy side. I'm not much into reading about Jesus, if I want that I'll read the bible. Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    Just Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sherrie, yes it was a bit heavy. Thanks for popping along here too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the books by Witness Lee, but they are definitely not light reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe you can say that again :) It was helpful though. Thanks for popping by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds interesting though as you said heavy since it gets into symbolology of the bible. Will have to keep it in mind for later. By the way, love your header.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankyou :) and thanks for popping by.

    ReplyDelete