Friday 7 October 2011

47 Meditation For Beginners - Jack Kornfield


Bantam books


I have always been interested in things of a spiritual nature and this is a good beginners guide to Meditation. It comes complete with a CD of guided meditations to go along with the book. However I only listened to meditation 'one' and found it easier to just read the book itself. It is easy to follow and is focussed on 'Insight' or 'Vipassana' meditation and I have enjoyed following this programme and am hoping to continue to use it on a daily basis. I like the idea and think it could have lots of health and stress busting benefits but I guess time will tell. It is well written and convincing, without any new world bullshit.
It's well worth a read if you are into this kind of thing as much as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment