Wednesday 3 April 2013

If you need me, I'll be in Space. (Flash Fiction)


This isn't as cool as it sounds as I'm currently stuck in orbit some place between my big toe and my sock. It's an awkward position to be in to be honest and it smells bloody awful. Quite what I was doing to find myself in this predicament is probably a question that is now floating through the inner workings of your brain.

You see I'm a bit of a science geek and I'm always coming up with new inventions inside my bedroom here in the TransPlutonian Space Station. It isn't much of a room and I don't have a great view through my port hole but they have allowed me to carry on with my little experiments. Well up until now that is. I was working on a major breakthrough in sub atomical travel and it's kind of gone wrong. Hence why I find myself in this rather precarious situation.

I can't move and it's a bit of a squeeze in here and I really wish I'd paid a bit more attention the last time I scrubbed my feet. On a positive note I have become the first person in the history of mankind to travel sub atomically but sadly I appear to be stuck. No doubt tomorrow they will find my lifeless body and will assume I am dead and then I will find myself being unceremoniously jettisoned into the cosmos. I never was one for funerals, especially my own.

I don't know if I'll manage to survive on some sub atomical level or if anybody will ever find me hanging onto my big toe for dear life but it really stinks in here.


Copyright Ally Atherton 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment