Saturday 31 March 2012

Are You Turning Into Your Dad? - Joseph Piercy



"You know when you're turning into your Dad when......


The end of your tie doesn't come anywhere near the top of your trousers.

The four letter word for something two people can do together in bed is 'read'.

The gleam in your eyes is the sun hitting your bifocals.

Work is a lot less fun, and fun is a lot more work.

You can live without sex,but not without your glasses.

You have a party and the neighbours don't even realise it.

Your ears are hairier than your head.

You start making maps of your wrinkles in the mirror."


This is a very funny little filler that I was given a few weeks ago. It is full of humorous quotations and anecdotes about the joys of getting old and realising that you are in fact turning into your Dad! I couldn't find many reviews about this book online and this may be the only one out there, but I would recommend it if you want a good giggle.

Personally I have known for a long time that I am a clone of my Dad, and its not just because of my thinning hair and belly. I have lost count of the number of times I have gone visiting my parents, only to be stopped in some store or chippy by somebody who thinks I AM my Dad! Either I look old or he looks young!


" Just remember, once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed."

Charles Schulz


4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment