Monday 19 March 2012

Transform Your Life - Penny Ferguson



I purchased this free for my kindle a few months back because the title jumped out at me and the idea of transforming my life is an exciting concept!

I haven't read many self-help books and I was looking forward to trying one or dipping my toes in the water so to speak. To be honest I was first a little disappointed because about 60% of the book is more like a leadership or management tutorial. However I did find those parts quite interesting and hopefully it will help in my role as an RGN and as a father of two teenage boys( and hopefully one day as a multi award winning author!) It pretty much has a big emphasis on listening and encouraging others instead of simply trying to get your points across.

The rest of the book is full of helpful life tips such as positive thinking, finding out what you really want to do in life and even writing your own obituary! I havent wrote mine yet but I intend to (maybe today or tommorrow), hopefully before someone else does! Overall I found this book to be quite motivating and helpful in a constructive way and I am hoping to digest and develop some of its ideas for my own life. 'Transform Your Life' is built around 52 ideas with some bonus ideas at the end. For some reason one of these bonus ideas goes into a long discussion about growing your own vegetables which had me scratching my head and thinking I had started to read a different book by mistake!

This is an interesting read and hopefully it will help me to transform my life, only time will tell.


3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment