Sunday 29 July 2012

LOL by Charlie Nitric




One great thing about being a bit of a Twitter addict is that you can find a wealth of new authors and free books and this is one I recently downloaded onto my Kindle. Reading many of the comments and reviews on Amazon and Goodreads I was led to believe that this short collection of stories is LOL funny.The downside of Twitter is that not all free or cheap books are what they are cracked up to be and sometimes you are left scratching your head about the origins of such reviews!

I have always said that I want my book reviews on T.W.M to be honest although I want my reviews to be as positive as I can possibly make them. I personally wasn't too impressed with this collection of shorts. I found most of the stories to be mildly amusing at best and the stories themselves below average in content and writing style.Most of them seemed like first drafts which could have done with futher editing and attention to detail.

The exception to this are just two of the stories. The first and last story in this book are brilliantly hilarious! This just goes to show that Charlie Nitric is capable of much more than this collection gives us and if they are anything to go by I want to keep an eye on him. As this book was given to me completely free via twitter I can't argue about the price paid! I do hate to say anything negative about up and coming fellow Indie writers but honesty is my best policy or else this whole blog is a wate of time and energy.


2/5 Two stars for the brilliant stories at the beginning and end of the collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment