Saturday 2 February 2013

Book 3 - Grimm's Fairy Stories by Jacob Grimm



This is a book I freeloaded onto my kindle at some point in the last few weeks and it includes 25 of the original Grimm's fairy tales but sadly my version didn't include any illustrations. It was interesting to read a few of the classic tales stripped back to their original format and to note how they were subsequently altered for the purposes of Walt Disney productions and ladybird books! I was brought up on the ladybirds and was shocked to see how different some of the stories actually are. But I won't beat about the bush, I'm not 6 , I'm 41 and although interesting this download didn't exactly set me on fire and I was pretty glad to get it over and done with. Great children's stories though full of nice morals.How can I rate a childrens book that is aimed at the 5 to 8 year old bracket? I can't but as far as enjoyment is concerned I give it a 2/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment