Monday 18 February 2013

Book 6 - Play to Kill by P.J Tracy



The body of a man dressed as a bride is fished out of the Mississippi and as more bodies are found videos are posted online to coincide with each grizzly murder. Two cops, a federal agent and a group of computer geniuses set about finding the culprits before it's too late.

Unfortunately for me it was too late to change my mind about reading this book as I plodded along painstakingly towards the end. Apparently 'Play to Kill' is part of a series to feature the same characters so maybe that didn't help and perhaps it would have been better if I had read the others first. Also I have to say that cop thrillers are not my thing and this definitely wasn't my favourite book of the year so far! The story is unoriginal, the characters are pretty one dimensional cardboard cut outs and the plot went from the ridiculous to the sublime and was disjointed to the point that I struggled to finish this. I think my problem with books like this is that they are pretty much the same plot regurgitated over and over again. I think I have read this story a million times and seen it on TV even more times.P.J Tracy have a bit of a following and a bit of a reputation though so maybe this book was just a blip. On a positive note this book was easy to read and contained some nice bits of humour but I lost my sense of humour by the time I read page 325.

2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment