Wednesday 20 February 2013

The Harvest by Michael Wallace



My latest read was a collection of twisty horror stories by Michael Wallace. All of the eight stories are highly original and imaginative and I can promise you that you won't have read anything even remotely similar before! Although each of the stories were fun to read, the stand out story has to be the wonderful 'A Dog's Night' which in my opinion is the perfect short story if you like something fun and imaginative. My second favourite was the fantastically entitled ' Of ghosts, hell and postmortem consciousness' which surely has to win an award just for the title alone! These were my favourites in this collection of supernatural tales and the rest were maybe a little bit harder to digest but still worth a read. I particularly liked the way Michael weaves a little bit of historical fiction into the mix to add to the raw imagination.

I will have to keep an eye out for some of Michael Wallace's novels.

3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment