Monday 21 April 2014

Starting Over by Tony Parsons












                            How many chances do you get to make it right?




At 42 George is given another chance in the shape of a new heart. The heart of a 19 year old. But as well as adding years to his life it also appears to be making him younger and younger as his own family continue to get older.


      Where has Tony Parsons been all my life?

 I have been aware of his books for a while but they have always existed in a some strange extra dimension at the corner of my eye. But this one jumped out at me for some reason and to be honest I didn't really know what to expect. It's a really good read! I love Tony Parson's writing style. It's witty, emotional and wonderfully readable. This is one of those books where the pages manage to mystically turn themselves.

I don't really know how to describe this book. I could try and describe it as literary fiction or family literary fiction or women's literary fiction, but none of those do it justice at all. I'm a bloke but I loved it!



I think the best way of describing it is simply to say it is a really great story. That's what I like when it boils down to it. A really good story.



In need to invite Mr parson's into my home more often, as long as he doesn't make any builders tea!



5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment