Friday 4 April 2014

The Seas by Samantha Hunt










She is convinced that she is a Mermaid and that can only mean one thing.


She has to marry the man she loves or kill him. One of the two. Her father lives in the sea

as well and one day he will come home. She waits and she waits.




This breathtaking debut novel by Samantha Hunt is unbelievably good.

I came across it whilst meandering around my local library (as I do sometimes) and this jumped out at me for some reason. Call it the law of attraction, divine intervention or just damn good luck, it did and how glad am I?

Rarely have I read a story so beautifully and masterfully woven. I kid you not, every sentence is something you can savor. Like sucking on the most delicious gobstopper, each word rolls on the edge of your tongue. There are no car chases, no explosions

no murderers on the loose


just quite simply a lovely, amazing quirky little story.



This is one of those books you don't ever want to end. It stays with you and you are left

with a few pieces of driftwood that ebb and flow at the back of your mind. This story makes you wonder and wonder some more and just as you think you have grasped hold of a word or

a piece of that driftwood, the sea comes in.



You have to read this and I need to buy this now!




5/5







No comments:

Post a Comment