Monday 16 January 2012

Room by Emma Donoghue


Jack is 5 and lives in room with his Ma. There's nothing outside, just Outer Space.


This, my fourth book of the year, is an astonishingly good read. It's original, beautifully written and emotionally spine tingling. If ever the phrase ' a real page turner' was written for a book, this is it.

'Room' is cleverly written and pulls at the heart strings. There's nothing more that I can say about this book.

Ok there's one more thing. WOW !



I'll definitely have to check out more from this Author.


5/5

2 comments:

  1. This is why I love book discussions. I hated that book. The first few chapters were interesting, but once **SPOILER** they changed their location, I thought the writing went quickly downhill and became cliche and the story fell apart. However, based on the sales of the book, I know I am in the minority. (I also hated The Help.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patricia,

    That's the wonderful thing about people. We're all different and have different likes and dislikes. I too have read books that have others have loved and I haven't !

    Thanks for taking a look at my blog.

    Paul :)

    ReplyDelete