Saturday 13 February 2016

Back In Time Movie Review - Vanilla Sky










A wealthy playboy businessman is disfigured in a car accident. But all is not what it seems. 








Starring Tom Cruise, Penelope Cruz and Cameron Diaz,


Written by Alejandro Amenabar, Mateo Gil and Cameron Crowe (Screenplay).



Directed by Cameron Crowe.






Weirdly this is one of those films I've always heard of but I always thought it was some kind of action movie involving fighter pilots. In reality it is totally not what I expected it to be.



It's a very bizarre movie that starts off quite normally but then turns into a sci-fi flick. It's full of strange twists and turns and flips itself on it's head quite a lot. For me it's too bizarre and confusing for my liking. I never really got a grasp of what what going on and then the ending was pretty disappointing. It felt like a movie that was trying to be too clever for it's own good and in the end it kind of failed. Don't get me wrong I usually love twisty sci-fi movies but this wasn't my cup of tea.

Tom Cruise was Tom Cruise. For me he's a good looking guy but I'm not convinced about his acting and so his performance was average. In fact there weren't really any fantastic stand out performances in this one. Penelope Cruz was hot. But Cameron Diaz was probably the pick of the bunch if I had to choose one.




Overall a pretty disappointing movie that didn't rock my world.






6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment